At the request of the City of Anthony, New Mexico, Radian|Placematters is partnering with the EPA to provide technical assistance to explore the nexus of environmental protection, economic development and community-led design strategies that further local goals to continuously improve Anthony as a great place to live, work, and play. A centerpiece of Radian|Placematter’s technical assistance is a three-day design workshop facilitated by a technical assistance team of experts that will work closely with Anthony residents, stakeholders, and City officials as they set about to create a new vision, design options, and implementation plan for key neighborhoods and corridors identified by the City of Anthony.
The Design and community engagement addresses:
- Complete streets design that supports a diversity of users (young and old), driving, using transit, biking, or walking.
- Aesthetically and functionally valuable landscape architecture design for green infrastructure that result in both community and stormwater quality benefits;
- Well-designed public art and civic design strategies that highlight the importance of these shared spaces for community identity;
- Planning and design strategies for better climate change adaptation and resiliency.
- Healthy community concepts integrating community gardening, farmers markets, and other healthy food improvements into community planning and open space designs.
- Sustainable economic development planning that reinforces broader community sustainable development planning and sense of place.
Community Centered Design