The Colorado Equity Compass is a community-driven and -owned platform that elevates the voices of the East Colfax Community. It serves as:
- An outlet for East Colfax to publicly define their own identity, own their narrative, and identify their priorities.
- A place to celebrate and share the rich history, cultures and stories of East Colfax and promote the urgency of anti-displacement measures.
- A platform that presents East Colfax’s united efforts and holds the city, developers, organizations and institutions accountable for how they make decisions within East Colfax.
Partners: Shift Research Lab, The Change Matrix, Denver Office of Storytelling (I Am Denver), Issue Media Group, Urban Institute
Photo by Andrew Kenney of Denverite
- History of the Neighborhood + Timeline:
- Root causes of racial economic injustice
- Redlining and current inequity
- Immigrant community & longtime residents
- Data Collection & Visualization:
- Collecting and sonsolidating data that exists
- Identifying Gaps in Neighborhood Data
- Collecting Other Needed Data
- Resident stories: celebrating richness of culture and community & communicating urgency around displacement.
- Anti-displacement Priorities & Plan (examples):
- Residential Displacement Mitigation
- Commercial Displacement Mitigation
- Free Transit
- Emergency Fund
- Sanctuary Neighborhood
For more information on how to get involved, reach out to Dee Dee DeVuyst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo by Kevin J. Beaty of Denverite
Community Centered Design
Connect with us:
Address: 3264 Larimer Street, Suite D, Denver, CO 80205 | Email: email@example.com