Seeking: Architecture & Design Project Manager
Location: Denver, CO
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Purpose & Function
Radian is a Denver-based nonprofit urban design group serving local advocates through a community-centered approach. We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join our architecture & design studio.
The work we do is impactful, rewarding and challenging. At Radian, we take a holistic approach to every project, which includes working with people to understand a specific place, listening to community need, and using that information to design creative solutions.
This position will work in a variety of creative project types including: designing community buildings, public spaces, program systems, leading meetings, researching code or policy, presentation graphics and designing creative community engagement strategies. The responsibilities will require the ability to apply a diverse set of skills to a wide-range of issues. You must be able to communicate with people who are not designers and may not have ever been part of a design discussion.
The ability to be flexible, committed, and focused is essential. This position will work on projects in affordable housing, early childhood education, nonprofit space design, tactical urbanism, and more. Applicants should reference in their cover letter their previous work in these fields or state why this work is interesting to them.
We are looking for a team member who:
- Enjoys applying themselves creatively to architectural and urban design challenges.
- Takes initiative and ownership over projects and feels comfortable working independently.
- Shares a passion for our mission to serve the community.
- Supports the design, engagement, and implementation of architectural and/or urban design initiatives. Some travel to project sites required.
- Enjoys supporting our clients and partner organizations.
- Enjoys being ingrained in the local community.
- Boasts strong communication and organizational skills.
- Communicates effectively graphically and verbally.
- A strong interest in community-centered design.
- Master’s degree in architecture, landscape design, urban design, or other related fields.
- 2-5 years of design experience: project management, design, documentation, entitlement, and construction administration.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong graphic design skills a must
- Strong research skills
- Comfort with public speaking
- Experience with direct civic engagement, including but not limited to: organizing a design charrette or workshop or hosting a community forum.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, GIS, Sketchup, AutoCAD, and Revit
- Eligible and authorized to work in the USA
- Unlimited vacation & PTO days. We believe in flexibility and balance.
- Healthcare coverage
- Paid Holidays (Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day)
- Continuing education
Commitment: This position is full-time salaried employment.
Interested in applying? Please email one file containing an interest letter, resume, and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Architecture + Design Project Manager.”